Location: Kuwait City Other locations: Primary Location Only In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the financial services sector which is experiencing unprecedented changes. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director/Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for managing financial services related engagements, while collaborating with the partner and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables. To this end you’ll ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented; ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary. In addition, identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client will be essential as well consulting with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participating in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
* Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the related field * Experienced in delivering engagements (process improvements, internal controls, policies and procedures, regulatory (Basel), IFRS 9) across the industry * An understanding of core banking systems and their architecture for finance along with their linkage to treasury and front-end systems * Strong advisory (selling) mindset * CPA/CA/ACCA certification * Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability * Deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace * Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees * Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills * Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies * Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
* Experience in the Middle East & North Africa region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer: *
You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. *
Success as defined by you:
We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. *
We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs. *
Diverse and inclusive culture:
You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today Provider Description Enabled SAP as service provider * "route" is used for session stickiness
* "careerSiteCompanyId" is used to send the request to the correct data centre
* "JSESSIONID" is placed on the visitor's device during the session so the server can identify the visitor
* "Load balancer cookie" (actual cookie name may vary) prevents a visitor from bouncing from one instance to another Provider Description Enabled AddThis LinkedIn Google Analytics Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google Tag Manager Google Tag Manager is a tag management system for conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing and more.