This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under the management of the Commodity Management Team Supervisor, this position operates aGCSS-Army End User Work Station(EUWS). Manages stock control assigned ABF lines. Manages actions taken to research/correct over-aged transactions, provide material disposition determination, and process exception messages in GCSS-Army.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Operates the GCSS-Army End User Work Station (EUWS).
- Serves as the point of contact for the Critical Item List (CIL), which is used to expedite critical parts for the Readiness reports through the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
- Maintains interface with NICP commodity managers and Depots in the U.S to expedite critical due-ins, reduce ASL zero balances, and improve operational readiness (OR) posture.
- Researches and takes corrective actions on Exception Messages in GCSS-Army.
- Researches and provides recommendations on ASL Stock.
- Researches receipt and issue transactions.
- Processes transactions written to the release strategy in GCSS-Army
- Conducts research on critical due-in transactions affecting unit operational readiness posture.
- Performs In-transit Visibility on the DOL Readiness Reporting Items during the night shift operations.
- Compile and submit daily Logistics Status Report (LSR)
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Personal computer, printer, fax machine, and other general office equipment.
- Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- SAP based applications and GCSS-Army EUWS.
Indoor and/or outdoor warehouse environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, dusty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months). Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Will include prolong sitting and exposure toComputer Vision Syndrome
- May be required to work an uncommon schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work extended hours and evenings, as mission requires.
- Must have professional appearance
- Required to observe all safety, security, fire, and health requirements for office, warehouse, and outside environment
- Working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical,chemical or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations.PPEincludes but is not limited to.head,foot, torso,respiratory,vision,and hearing protective devices.
Education/Certifications: Two years related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Graduate
- Certification in GCSS-Army Material & Execution Management
- 5 years’ experience in Material & Execution Management or Stock Control.
- Military or equivalent civilian training in the Army Supply System is strongly desired.
- Must understand MILSTRIP. Must be capable of utilizing available resources to identify the codes that make up a MILSTRIP transaction.
- Versatile in data management, compilation and conversion using application software such as MS Office and data based software
- Leadership and management skills, including a professional demeanor, are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement is required.
- Ability to prioritized responsibilities to handle a demanding workload is required.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Advance ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written form is required.
- High-level organizational and planning skills, so that workflow is managed and accurate is required.
- Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook and ALL Microsoft applications is required.
- GCSS-Army or SAP base knowledge and experience to include providing a training certificate
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Driver’s License are required.
- Must be able to maintain USG Network access & CAC card privilege(s).
Title: ITEM MANAGER
Requisition ID: KBO001786
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.